Content tagged Ireland
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- An Electronic Content Crisis: Interview with the Library Association of Ireland
The COVID-19 pandemic has underlined the importance for libraries to be able to provide services to users through digital channels. As such, it has thrown a new light on many of the questions that...
News - 26 November 2020
- Deadline Extended to 8 April 2020: WLIC 2020 Committee on Standards Call for Papers
The deadline of the Committee on Standards call for papers for our open session at this year's IFLA WLIC 2020 has been extended to 8 April 2020. Please see the...
News - 2 April 2020
- Call for Agenda Items: 86th IFLA General Conference and Assembly
The IFLA 2020 General Assembly will be held during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2020, 86th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, in The Convention Centre Dublin,...
News - 16 March 2020
- Call for papers for the Big Data SIG open session at WLIC 2020 now open
Theme: Better Together: Collaborative Solutions to the Challenges of Data and Libraries The call for papers for the IFLA Big Data SIG’s open session at the forthcoming congress...
News - 1 March 2020
- Committee on Standards Call for Papers for IFLA WLIC 2020, Dublin, Ireland
[Deadline Extended to 8 April 2020] IFLA Standards and Professional Practices in Conversation In line with the conference theme: “Inspire, Engage, Enable, Connect”, the...
News - 29 January 2020
- Open Session: Big dreams, real impact: creating a practical approach to the SDGs
The World Library and Information Congress in Dublin this August 2020 will be spectacular! The MLAS open session is titled "Big dreams, real impact: creating a practical approach to the SDGs...
News - 15 January 2020
- IFLA World Library and Information Congress host city for 2020 – Dublin
THE HAGUE, Netherlands, 26 July 2019— The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) and the Library Association of Ireland announce that the IFLA World...
News - 26 July 2019
- Different Paths, Same Principles – Discussing Library Codes of Ethics
The work of libraries in providing access to knowledge is not a simple one. As well as much discussed constraints linked to levels of funding, staffing and copyright laws, librarians and library...
News - 23 December 2016
Tags: Access to information, Code of Ethics, Croatia, Freedom of expression, Ireland, Professional ethics, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- CILIP Ireland / Library Association of Ireland Annual Joint Conference 2015
CILIP/Ireland's annual joint conference and exhibition regularly attracts delegates from all sectors of the library and information world throughout Ireland and the UK. Learn, discuss...
Event - 26 January 2015
- Oireachtas Library & Research Service launches OPAC
The Oireachtas Library & Research Service (L&RS) launched its online public access catalogue (OPAC) in November 2013. The OPAC launch was the culmination of a series of works and...
News - 14 July 2014