Content tagged Japan
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- National Diet Library webinar
Facing the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, libraries in Japan as well as those in the rest of the world have been struggling to retain and develop their services...
Event - 11 November 2020
- 3rd United Nations World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction - Cultural Heritage and Disaster Resilient Communities
In March 2015, the 3rd UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction took place in Sendai, Japan. Prior to the main conference a series of expert meetings were held. The expert meeting on...
Publication - 12 January 2019
- Syrian experts attend workshop at the PAC Regional Centre for Asia
The PAC Regional Centre for Asia at the National Diet Library (NDL) of Japan is one of the sixteen IFLA PAC Centres that are spread all over the globe. The PAC Centres have a wide range of...
News - 20 June 2018
- International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations (IFRRO) World Congress 2017
IFRRO, the International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations, is the main international network of collective management organisations and creators’ and publishers...
Event - 11 September 2017
- Japanese translation of Public Library Service Guidelines now available
These guidelines are framed to provide assistance to library and information professionals in most situations. They assist to better develop effective services, relevant collections, and...
News - 22 February 2016
- RSCAO Mid-meeting and Seminar
The IFLA Regional Standing Committee for Asia and Oceania Section will be holding its annual Mid-Term Meeting from 9-11 February, 2015 at the at Tsurumi University in Yokohama, Japan. The meeting...
Event - 28 January 2015
- One year after the Earthquake in Japan
Image from yfrog; more photos from libraries affected by the quake at Togetter A year has now passed since the 9.0-magnitude earthquake—one of the largest ever recorded...
News - 12 March 2012
- Resources from the library community affected by the March 11th Earthquake in Japan
A library in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan Last week's massive earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan has caused an untold number of deaths and tremendous damage....
News - 29 April 2011
- Report on the support for preservation in Northeast Japan after March 11th earthquake
Noriko Nakamura, PAC Regional Director for Asia (Tokyo), has written a report on the support for preservation in the areas stricken by March 11th earthquake and tsunami in the Tohoku district (...
News - 8 April 2011
- Message from Matsuoka Kaname, Secretary General of the Japanese Library Association
6 April 2011 To IFLA members from Japan Library Association Thank you very much for your message and concerns on the damages of library materials and other records caused by March...
News - 6 April 2011
- Proceedings of the International Symposium on Enhancing the Culture of Reading and Books in the Digital Age now available!
Stuart Hamilton, IFLA Senior Policy Advisor At the end of 2010 IFLA, in association with the International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations (IFRRO), the International...
News - 10 January 2011
- Midyear Meeting 2009 in Osaka, Japan
The Library Services to Multicultural Populations Sections has held its midyear meeting in Osaka, Japan in March 2009. The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai, hosted the meeting,...
News - 17 April 2009