Content tagged China
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- International Symposium on Libraries at the National Library of China
2019 marks the 70th anniversary of the People's Republic of China, and the 110th anniversary of the National Library of China (NLC). On this occasion, in order to further promote academic...
Event - 5 August 2019
- 2019 International Conference on Local Chronicles
Sponsored by the Office of Chinese Local Chronicles Guidance Group, the 2019 International Conference on Local Chronicles (ICLC) will take place in Changsha, China on 16-17 July 2019...
Event - 2 May 2019
- A Stronger Field for Stronger Societies: IFLA President Visits Taiwan, China
IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón visited Taiwan, China on 9-12 January 2019. In a series of speeches and meetings, she shared the message that libraries can be...
News - 16 January 2019
- IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón at the National Central Library, Taipei, Taiwan, China
IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón has been invited by the National Central Library, Taipei, Taiwan, China to give a presentation ("Libraries: motors for a...
Event - 12 December 2018
- Transforming the World Together: IFLA President and Secretary General Meet with China’s Librarians
The Library Society of China’s 2018 Conference, held on 31 May – 1 June in Langfang, China, provided a rich opportunity to engage librarians from across the country in...
News - 8 June 2018
- 9th Shanghai International Library Forum
The 9th Shanghai International Library Forum (SILF2018) will be held on October 17-19, 2018 at the Shanghai Library. This forum is organized by the Shanghai Library (Institute of Scientific and...
Event - 12 April 2018
- 2018 Chinese Library Annual Conference
Sponsored by the Library Society of China, the 2018 Chinese Library Annual Conference will be held in Langfang, Heibei Province, China. The theme of this annual conference is "...
Event - 12 April 2018
- 1st China-CEEC (Central and Eastern European Countries) Curators' Forum of Libraries Union
The 1st China-CEEC (Central and Eastern European Countries) Curators' Forum of Libraries Union is a programme included in the Hangzhou Declaration on Cultural Cooperation (2018-2019...
Event - 12 April 2018
- 2016 Chinese Library Annual Conference
The theme Innovate China: Technology, Society and Library is composed of 3 pillars of sessions, work conference and exhibition. More>>
Event - 5 September 2016
- iConference 2017 - Submissions Open
We are now accepting submissions for iConference 2017, our twelfth annual gathering of scholars, researchers and professionals who share an interest in the critical information issues of...
News - 22 July 2016
- 2016 Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum
Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF) serves as a platform for discussion, exchange and collaboration at a regional level, and also where possible to aggregate national IGF...
Event - 30 June 2016
- 8th Shanghai International Library Forum (SILF2016)
The 8th Shanghai International Library Forum (SILF2016) will be held on July 6-8, 2016 at the Shanghai Library. It is organized by the Shanghai Library (Institute of Scientific and Technical...
Event - 22 January 2016
- Travel Fund for the 13th IFLA ILDS Conference
Congratulations! Three colleagues from Laos, Nepal and Pakistan are awarded the travel fund for attending the 13th IFLA ILDS Conference in Beijing, China. The recipients are...
News - 9 October 2013
- SIMPLIFIED Chinese translation of ACD Electronic resource guide now available!
Dear Colleagues, You may remember that in the course of this summer the IFLA Acquisition & Collection Development Section (ACD) published some new translations of its widely read...
News - 11 September 2013
Tags: Acquisitions, Asia and Oceania, China, China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China, Macao Special Administrative Region, Collection development, Malaysia, Singapore, Acquisition and Collection Development
- Chinese translation of ACD's Electronic Resource Guide Now available!
Dear Colleagues, After the Russian, French, Arabic, Polish, Spanish and Bulgarian versions, we are now proud to introduce the Chinese version: access the Chinese translation...
News - 31 July 2013
- Library Services to Indigenous Populations: Case Studies
Segenat Children and Youth Library, Mekelle, Ethiopia This online book was developed with the following goals: To provide librarians around the world with a reference...
Publication - 31 May 2013
Tags: Africa, Australia, Canada, Case studies, China, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Indigenous peoples, Information professionals, Librarianship, Mexico, Multicultural populations, Pakistan, South Africa, Uganda, United States of America, Publications, Indigenous Matters
- International Conference on Challenges to the Book Industry in a Globalizing World
Today, the world is facing revolutionary changes in all walks of life. In a very short period of time, most of the world’s population resort to internet for their daily business, for...
Event - 1 March 2013
- Asia and Oceania Section Midterm meeting
The Regional Standing Committee of the Asia and Oceania Section (RSCAO) will have its mid-term-meeting in Taipei and conduct a Symposium on Regional Cooperation – Information Literacy during...
Event - 14 February 2013
- 13th IFLA Interlending and Document Supply Conference 2013
The IFLA Document Delivery and Resource Sharing Section Standing Committee invites papers for the 13th Interlending & Document Supply Conference, to be held 16 - 18 October 2013 at Peking...
Event - 28 January 2013
- 13th IFLA Interlending and Document Supply Conference 2013 - Beijing, China
The IFLA Document Delivery and Resource Sharing Section is pleased to announce that the China Academic Library and Information System (CALIS) has been selected to host the 13th IFLA Interlending...
News - 22 November 2012
- Anonymous Classics: a list of uniform titles for Chinese works (2011)
With the present list of Chinese works the Asian part of the Anonymous classics project begins. Anonymous classics: a list of uniform headings for Chinese works began to be compiled in...
Publication - 31 May 2012
- Community libraries to support community needs
BSLA Case Study - 12 July 2011
- Newsletter of IFLA CLC
Issue 1: January 2010 | 中文
Publication - 19 March 2010
- New website IFLA Chinese Language Centre
Dear Colleagues, It gives me a great pleasure to announce the launch of the IFLA Chinese Language Center (IFLA-CLC) website. The site is written in the Chinese language as a communication...
News - 19 March 2010
- The Prince Claus Fund provides relief for Chinese library destroyed by earthquake
Press release Amsterdam 18 August 2009 The Prince Claus Fund provides relief for Chinese library destroyed by earthquake Support of 120.000 Euro to build storage room...
News - 14 September 2009
- Xiamen Pupils’ Cartoon Summer Camp Being Held in Xiamen Children’s Library
Xiamen Pupils’ Cartoon Summer Camp ,which with a theme “Love for the South of Fujian and China” , was holding an opening ceremory in Xiamen Children’s Library on Jul.6th,2009...
News - 4 September 2009
- Presentations of the Beijing workshop are now on-line
Some of the presentations of the Workshop on Digital Collection Development and Sharing, held in Beijing during the Mid-Winter Meeting of the IFLA Section on Acquisition and Collection Development...
News - 14 July 2009
- IFLA Chinese Language Centre established at the National Library of China, Beijing
中文 In February 2009 the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) and the National Library of China (NLC) in Beijing signed a cooperation agreement by...
News - 31 March 2009